Your privacy is one of our priorities. We are proud to demonstrate our commitment to your privacy by complying with the laws and regulations under applicable privacy laws. Specifically, as we are a Canadian organization, this Privacy Statement is designed to meet the standards prescribed by the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act and the regulations thereunder (“PIPEDA”) as well as applicable provincial privacy legislation and regulations, including, the Personal Information Protection Act (Alberta), the Personal Information Protection Act (British Columbia), and An Act respecting the protection of personal information in the private sector (Quebec) (collectively “Canadian Privacy Laws”).
The Service may contain features or links to websites and services provided by third parties. Any information you provide on third-party sites or services is provided directly to the operators of such services and is subject to those operators’ policies, if any, governing privacy and security, even if accessed through the Service. We are not responsible for the content or privacy and security practices and policies of third-party sites or services to which links or access are provided through the Service. We encourage you to learn about third parties’ privacy and security policies before providing them with information.
2) What is Personal Information?
3) How do we collect your Personal Information?
4) How do we use your Personal Information?
5) To whom do we provide your Personal Information?
6) When and how do we obtain your consent?
7) How long will we utilize, disclose or retain your Personal Information?
8) What are your rights regarding your Personal Information?
9) What safeguards have we implemented to protect your Personal Information?
10)How do you contact us regarding access to your Personal Information or our privacy practices?
2. What is Personal Information?
“Personal Information” is any information that is identifiable with you, as an individual. This information may include but is not limited to your name, company, mailing address, e-mail address, billing address and credit card information.
3. How do we collect your Personal Information?
We will always collect your Personal Information by fair and lawful means (for example, when you register with us). We may collect Personal Information from you directly and/or from third parties, where we have obtained your consent to do so or as otherwise required or permitted by law. The legal bases for our processing of Personal Information are primarily that the processing is necessary for providing the Service and that the processing is carried out in our legitimate interests (as more fully described in question 4 below). We may also process Personal Information upon your consent, asking for it as appropriate.
We may collect standard Internet log information about how and when you use our Service. This information may include but, not be limited to, your IP address and location data, weblogs, time, date, browser used, referring web addresses, other communication data, searches conducted, and/or pages visited.
4. How do we use your Personal Information?
We identify the purposes for which we use your Personal Information at the time we collect such information from you and (if applicable) obtain your consent, in any case, prior to such use. We generally use your Personal Information for the following purposes (the “Purposes”):
- to provide you with the Service;
- to develop and maintain strong business relationships with customers, partners and potential customers and partners;
- to manage your use of the Service;
- to respond to questions, comments or concerns regarding the Company or the Service;
- to provide you with information about conferences and events;
- to allow for more meaningful and useful sales and marketing initiatives, for example, your physical location while using our App may be used to provide you with personalized offers, rewards, and suggestions about other information in your area;
- to collect opinions and comments in regard to the Company and the Service;
- to perform demographic analysis for planning purposes (but only on an aggregate and anonymous basis);
- to recruit for positions at the Company and for other employment-related tasks;to investigate legal claims;
- such purposes for which the Company may obtain consent from time to time; and
- such other uses as may be permitted or required by applicable law.
5. To whom do we provide your Personal Information?
We identify to whom, and for what Purposes, we disclose your Personal Information, at the time we collect such information from you and (if applicable) obtain your consent to such disclosure.
Your Personal Information may be stored and processed in any country where we have facilities or in which we engage third party service providers. By using the Service, you consent to the transfer of information to countries outside your country of residence, which may have different data protection rules than in your country. While such information is outside of Canada, it is subject to the laws of the country in which it is held, and may be subject to disclosure to the governments, courts or law enforcement or regulatory agencies of such other country, pursuant to the laws of such country. However, our practices regarding your Personal Information will at all times continue to be governed by this Privacy Statement and, if applicable, we will comply with the GDPR requirements providing adequate protection for the transfer of Personal Information from the EU/EEA to a third country. For written information about our policies and practices regarding service providers outside of Canada, contact our Privacy Information Officer (see question 10 below).
6. To whom do we provide your Personal Information?
Under Canadian Privacy Laws, we generally obtain your consent prior to collecting, and in any case, prior to using or disclosing your Personal Information for any Purpose. You may provide your consent to us either orally, electronically or in writing. Under Canadian Privacy Laws, the form of consent that we seek, including whether it is express or implied, will largely depend on the sensitivity of the Personal Information and the reasonable expectations you might have in the circumstances.
7. How long will we utilize, disclose or retain your Personal Information?
We may keep a record of your Personal Information, correspondence or comments, in a file specific to you. We will utilize, disclose or retain your Personal Information for as long as necessary to fulfill the Purposes for which that Personal Information was collected and as permitted or required by law. If you would like further information regarding the periods for which your Personal Information will be kept, contact our Privacy Information Officer (see question 10 below).
8. What are your rights regarding your Personal Information?
On written request and subject to proof of identity, you may access the Personal Information that we hold, used or communicated and ask that any necessary corrections be made, where applicable, as authorized or required by law. However, to make sure that the Personal Information we maintain about you is accurate and up to date, please inform us immediately of any change in your Personal Information by mail or e-mail.
The Service is not directed to children under the age of 18, and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 18 without obtaining parental consent. If you are under 18 years of age, then please do not use or access the Service at any time or in any manner. If we learn that Personal Information has been collected on the Service from persons under 18 years of age and without verifiable parental consent, then we will take the appropriate steps to delete this information. If you are a parent or guardian and discover that your child under 18 years of age has provided us with Personal Information, then you may alert us as set forth in question 10 and request that we delete that child’s Personal Information from our systems.
9. What safeguards have we implemented to protect your Personal Information?
The only employees who are granted access to your Personal Information are those with a business ‘need-to-know’ or whose duties reasonably require such information. We have implemented physical, organizational, contractual and technological security measures to protect your Personal Information from loss or theft, unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. We cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or store on the Service, and you do so at your own risk. We also cannot guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or administrative safeguards. If you believe your Personal Information has been compromised, please contact us as set forth in question 10. If we learn of a security systems breach, we will inform you and the authorities of the occurrence of the breach in accordance with applicable law.
10. How do you contact us regarding access to your Personal Information or our privacy practices?
In Writing: Attn: Privacy Information Officer
Address:10 Wanless Avenue, Toronto, Ontario, M4N 1V6
By e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org